以文本方式查看主题

-  W3CHINA.ORG讨论区 - 语义网·描述逻辑·本体·RDF·OWL  (http://bbs.xml.org.cn/index.asp)
--  『 计算机英语 』  (http://bbs.xml.org.cn/list.asp?boardid=39)
----  英文简历撰写宝典  (http://bbs.xml.org.cn/dispbbs.asp?boardid=39&rootid=&id=74000)


--  作者:hjx_221
--  发布时间:4/8/2009 1:01:00 PM

--  英文简历撰写宝典
英文简历撰写宝典
求职宝典--说明教育程度 Stating Your Education
1、Useful Courses for English-teaching include: Psychology, teaching methodology,phonetics, rhetoric, grammar, composition.

对英语教学有用的课程包括:心理学、教学方法论、语音学、修辞学、语法、写作。

2、Specialized courses pertaining to foreign trade: Marketing principles, international marketing, practical English correspondence and telecommunications, foreign exchange, business English.

和外贸相关的专门课程:市场学原理、国际营销学、实用英语函电、外汇兑换、商务英语。

3、Courses taken that would be useful for computer programming are: Computer science, systems design and analysis, FORTRAN programming, PASCAL programming, operating systems, systems management.

对计算机编程有用的课程有:计算机学、系统设计与分析、FORTRAN编程学、PASCAL编程学、操作系统、系统管理。

4、Academic preparation for management: Management: Principles of management, organization theory, behavioral science. Communication: Business communication, personnel management, human relations. Marketing: Marketing theory, sales management.

大学时为管理所做的学术准备: 管理学:管理学原理、组织理论、行为学。交际学:商务交际、人事管理、人际关系。 市场学:市场学理论、营销管理。

5、Curriculum included: Electric power systems, 90; Signal processing, 88; Systems and control, 92; Electric energy systems, 92; Solid-state electronics, 88; Communications, 94

课程包括:电力系统,90分;讯号处理,88分;系统控制,92分;电力能源系统,92分;固体电子学,88分;通讯,94分。

6、Major courses contributing to management qualification: Management, accounting, economics, marketing, sociology.

对管理资格有帮助的主要课程:管理学、会计学、经济学、市场学、社会学。

7、Courses completed: History of mass communication, 88; China's communication history, 92; Media research, 90; Public opinion, 92; Conceptual analysis, 88; Content analysis, 90; Advertising, 92; New media technology, 94.

所修课程:大众传播史,88分;中国传播史,92分;媒体研究,90分;舆论学,92分;概念分析,88分;内容分析,90分;广告学,92分;新媒体方法,94分。

8、Courses in industrial designs and related field: Dynamic systems, evaluation and management of designs, systems and control, ergonomics, tensile structures, structural analysis, computer-aided design, applied mechanics.

工业设计及其相关领域的课程:动力系统、设计评估与管理、系统控制、人类工程学、张力结构、结构分析、计算机辅助设计、应用力学。

9、Among the pertinent courses I have taken are: office administration, secretarial procedures, business communication, psychology, data-processing, typing, shorthand.

在相关的课程中我修过的有:办公室管理、秘书程序、商务交际、心理学、资料处理、打字、速记。

10、Majored in banking. Courses covered are as follows: Banking operations, 89; banking and computers, 90; loans, 92; letters of credit, 90; savings, 88; foreign exchange, 92; telegraphic transfers, 90; remittances, 94; financial systems in the west, 92.

主修金融学。涉及的课程有如下几门:银行业务,89分;银行与计算机,90分;贷款,92分;信用证,90分;储蓄,88分;外汇兑换,92分;电汇,90分;汇款,94分;西方金融制度,92分。


--  作者:hjx_221
--  发布时间:4/8/2009 1:02:00 PM

--  
求职宝典--说明应聘职位 Stating Your Job Objectiv
1、A responsible administrative position which will provide challenge and freedom where I can bring my initiative and creativity into full play.
负责管理的职位,该职位将提供挑战和自由,使我能充分发挥我的进取精神及创造能力。

2、An executive assistant position utilizing interests, training and experience in office administration.

行政助理的职位,能运用办公室管理方面的兴趣,训练与经验。

3、A position in management training programs with the eventual goal of participating in the management rank of marketing.

管理培训计划方面的职位。最终目标在参与市场管理层。

4、An entry-level position in sales. Eventual goal; manager of marketing department.

销售方面的初级职位。最终目标:销售部门的经理。

5、A position requiring analytical skills in the financial or investment field.

财务或投资领域需运用分析技巧的职务。

6、To begin as an accounting trainee and eventually become a manager.

从当会计见习开始,最后成为经理。

7、An entry-level position in an accounting environment, which ultimately leads to financial management.

会计部门的初级职务,最后能够管理财务。

8、A position as data-processing manager that will enable me to use my knowledge of computer systems.

资料处理经理的职务,能保证我运用电脑系统的知识。

9、An entry-level position responsible for computer programming.

负责计算机程序设计的初级职务。

10、Administrative assistant to an executive where short-hand and typing skills will be assets.

高级管理人员的行政助理,将用上速记和打字技能。

11、A position which will utilize my educational background in biology, with prospects of promotion.

谋求能运用我在生物学方面的学识,并有晋升前途的职位。

12、A position in charge of management training programs.

负责管理培训项目的职位。

13、Responsible managerial position in human resources.

人力资源方面负责管理的职务。

14、A position in Foreign Trade Department, with opportunities for advancement to management position in the department.

外贸部门的职位,有机会晋升到该部门的经理职务。

15、An administrative secretarial position where communication skills and a pleasant attitude toward people will be assets.

行政秘书的职务,用得上交际技巧和与人为善的态度。

16、A position as a design engineer in an engineering department.

工程部门设计工程师的职位。

17、Looking for a position as a computer programmer with a medium-sized firm.

谋求一家中型公司的计算机程序员职位。

18、To serve as sales promoter in a multinational corporation with a view to promotion in position and assignment in parent company's branch abroad.

担任多国公司的推销员,期望在职位上有晋升并能分派到母公司的海外分公司去工作。


--  作者:hjx_221
--  发布时间:4/8/2009 1:02:00 PM

--  
求职宝典--说明任职资格 Stating Your Qualificatio

1. University major in computer science, three years of part-time work in a computer software company.

在大学主修计算机科学,在计算机软件公司兼职三年。

2. Experienced operator: Word Processor SV68, 60 wpm.

有经验的操作人员:文字处理机SV68型,每分钟60个单词。

3. Educational background in business administration with a major in secretarial science and two summers of full-time work experience. Working knowledge of all common office machines.

有工商管理的学历,主修秘书学,两年暑假的全职工作经验。对办公室所有常用机器有运用知识。

4. Office skills include; operating English word processor and microcomputer, taking shorthand 85 wpm. 办公室工作技能包括:操作英文文字处理机及微型电子计算机、速记每分钟85个字。

5. Four years of experience in marketing, in addition to a bachelor's degree in management with major in marketing. Like to be challenged with a responsible job.

除了主修市场学的管理学士学位,还有四年的市场营销经验。喜欢迎战责任重大的工作。

6. University education in management with an emphasis on accounting, involving the use of computers. Able to comprehend financial statements.

在大学修管理学,以会计为主,包含电脑的使用。能理解财务报告。

7. Ability to organize marketing campaigns and to supervise employees. Effective communication abilities and public relations skills.

具有组织市场活动和督导员工的能力,并具有效的交际能力和公关技巧。

8. Three years of successful job experience ranging from sales responsibilities to management of marketing department. Adaptable, versatile, industrious.

三年的成功工作经验,范围从销售职责到市场部门的管理。适应性强、善变通、勤奋。

9. Special training in accounting at Guangdong College of Commerce and three years of practical experience in accounting environment. Enjoy working with people. Responsible and reliable.

在广东商学院接受会计方面的专门培训,并有三年在会计部门的实际经验。喜欢和别人一同工作。负责可靠。

10. Work experience in personnel affairs in a foreign capital enterprise coupled with educational background specialized in personnel management. Maintain good human relations.

外资企业人事事务的工作经验,加上人事管理的专门学历背景。保持良好的人际关系。

11. Five years' working experience in teaching English at a middle school coupled with educational background specialized in English Instruction at Guangzhou Teachers' College. Ability to listen and sensitivity to the needs of students.

有五年在中学进行英语教学的工作经验,加上在广州师范学院专攻英语教学的学历背景。能倾听学生意见,对学生的需求敏感。

12. Good university education with Japanese as my major combined with practical experience in translating business documents. Worked as an interpreter in Japan for a Chinese investigation group for three months.

良好的大学教育,主修日语,加上翻译商务文件的实际经验。为中国考察团在日本当过三个月的译员。


--  作者:hjx_221
--  发布时间:4/8/2009 1:03:00 PM

--  
求职宝典--说明工作经历 Stating Your Work Experie

1. Sales manager. In addition to ordinary sales activities and management of department, responsible for recruiting and training of sales staff members.

销售部经理。除了正常销售活动和部门管理之外,还负责招聘与训练销售人员。

2. Assistant to the General Manager of Shenzhen Petrochemical Industrial Corporation Ltd..Handled the itinerary schedule of the general manager. Met clients as a representative of the corporation. Helped to negotiate a $5,000,000 deal for the corporation.

深圳石油化工集团股份有限公司总经理助理。安排总经理的出差旅行计划时间表。作为公司代表接见客户。协助公司谈成了一笔五百万美圆的交易。

3. Secretary to president of Silverlion group Corporation Ltd.. Responsibilities: Receiving visitors, scheduling meetings, taking and typing dictation, writing routine letters and reports.

银利来集团有限公司董事长秘书。职责:接待访客、安排会议、笔录并打字、书写日常信函及报告。

4. Public relations girl at Guangzhou Holiday Inn. Full-time in summers, part-time during school.

在广州文化假日酒店当公关小姐。暑期全职,上课时间兼职。

5. Assistant to manager of accounting department of a joint venture enterprise. Analyzed data and relevant financial statistics, and produced monthly financial statements.

一家合资企业会计部门经理的助理。分析数据及相关财务统计数字,而且提出每月的财务报告。

6. Worked 21 hours weekly as a salesgirl at the bookstore of Shenzhen University. Earned 45% of college expenses.

在深圳大学书店当售货员,每周工作21小时,砖了大学费用的45%。

7. Production manager: Initiated quality control resulting in a reduction in working hours by 20% while increasing productivity by 25%.

生产部经理:引入质量控制,使工作时数减少了20%,而生产力则提高了25%。

8.Practical summer experience. Clerked at One-and-One clothes Store in charge of sales, 1992. Employed at Guangzhou Restaurant as waitress, 1993.

暑期的实际经验。1992年,在一加一服装店当店员,负责销售。1993年,在广州酒家当侍应小姐。

9. Staff member of Shanxi Textiles Import and Export Company. Handled import of textiles from Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan. Increased sales by 25% from 1990 to 1993. Made frequent business trips to these places to negotiate with textile mills. 山西纺织品进出口公司职员。处理从香港、澳门、台湾进口纺织品事宜。从1990年到1993年增加了25%的销售额。经常出差到这些地方跟纺织厂商洽谈。

10. Tourist guide during the summer vacation for Beijing International Travel Service. Conducted tours for foreign tourists on trip around the city.

暑假期间为北京国际旅行社当导游。负责外国旅客在城区的观光旅游。


--  作者:hjx_221
--  发布时间:4/8/2009 1:06:00 PM

--  
如何用英语表达“相关经验”

-Occupational Experience Experience in auditing, cost accounting and taxation.有审计、成本会计和税务方面的经验。

-Working experience in foreign company.有在外资公司工作的经验者。

-Five years' experience in foreign trade or foreignowned venture.有5年在外贸方面或外资企业工作的经验。

-Experience working with foreign companies.有在外国公司工作的经验。

-Three years of Experience in personnel recruiting. Screening and interviewing.有3年的人员招募、选拔和面试方面的经验。

-Some experience in product distribution.略具产品销售的经验。

-Knowledge of U. S. Specifications and standards.具有美国规格标准方面 知识。

-Sales experience of medical equipment and working experience in radiology department is preferred.有医疗设备销售经验及在放射科工作的经验 。

- 1 year working experience in commerce or consumer products.有1年在商业或消费产品方面的工作经验者。

-International accounting and joint venture experience.有国际会计和合 资企业的工作经验。  -Have 2 year's,programming experience.有2年电脑编程的经验。  

-5 years' experience in staff management.有5年管理员工的经验。

-Telecommunication services experience with China Post and Telecommunication Bureaus.有在中国邮电局进行电信服务的经验。

-Experience serving top-level managment。具备为高级管理人员服务的经验。

-Have one year experience in the same capacity with foreign company.有 1年在外资企业担任同样职务的经验。

-3 years maintenance supervisory experience in electricity wiring, mechanical engineering,etc.有3年在电线工程、机械工程等方面进行维修督导的 经验。

-Experience in export business .有出口贸易的经验。

-Has the experience in training and supervising production supervisors and technicians.有培训和督导生产管理人员和技术人员的经验。 

-2 years factory management experience .有2年工厂管理的经验。

-Experience working in multinational environment.有在多国环境下的工作 经验。

-4 years' relevant experience.有4年相关经验者优先。

-2 years’secretarial experience.有2年的文秘经验。

-Familiarity with international trade issues.熟悉国际贸易问题。

-Have experience in the computerization of financial functions.有财务 电算化的经验。

-Three years' experience in teaching English as a second language.有 年将英语作为第二语言的英语教学经验。

-Experience in marketing research&analysis.有市场营销研究和分析的经验。

-Working experience in advertising.有广告方面的工作经验。

-Have experience as a receptionist.有当接待员的经验。

-Experience in building construction or steel industry.有建筑和钢铁工业的经验。

-Substantial experience in selling technical/chemical items.有销售技术、化学品的丰富经验。 -5 years working experience and familiar with office equipment and electronic products design,understanding the U. S. A.&Asia market.有5年工作经验并熟悉办公室设备及电子产品设计且了解美国与亚洲市场。

-Experience in project,sales and service coordination.有策划、销售和 售后服务协调的经验。-Have 2 years experience in either media planning and account servicing on international clients.有2年媒介策划及对国际客户进行业务服务的经验。

-3 years relevant marketing experience in advertising and promotion.有3年在广告和推销方面的相关业务经验。


--  作者:hjx_221
--  发布时间:4/8/2009 1:06:00 PM

--  
面试英文须知
你获得面试了,恭喜!如何留下好印象对成功与否至关重要。就算英文还可以,由于紧张也可能发挥不好。更何况,有些情况不是英文本身的错误,而是是否选择了适当的词在适当的时候说出来。
面试的英文需要运用一系列比较专业的词汇,并且善用几种时态,如说明过去的工作要用过去时,以前取得的成绩要用过去完成时等等。这里我们就讲讲什么时候该说什么。

当你走进雇主的办公室,先介绍自己,握手,微笑很重要。此后第一句话往往是打开局面的,通常面试人员会问:

How are you today?
Did you have any trouble finding us?
What do you think of the weather lately?

他们的语调可能会很友好,因为他们也希望你放松,尽量发挥你自己的水平。这时候你要有简单爽快而有礼貌的回应,如:

对方问:How are you today?
好的回答是:I'm fine thank you, and you? 或 I'm well thank you.

不好的回答是:So, so 或 OK 或Not so well

面试过程中最重要的部分是表述自己的学历,工作经验和资历。这些是和你应聘工作直接相关的。

学历方面:记住你的学历是在以前完成的,要用过去时态。例如:

I attended the University of Beijing from 1990 to 1993.
I graduated with a degree in civic engineering.

如果你现在还是学生,那么应用现在时态,例如:

I am currently studying at the University of York and will graduate with a degree in Economics in the coming spring.
I am studying English at the Seneca Community College.

记得要告诉雇主,你仍然在不断改善你的英语,比如你每周还上几小时的英语课。因为英文不是你的母语,他们对此可能会有顾虑。

工作经验和资历无疑是面试中最重要的部分。所以雇主很想知道个中的许多细节。雇主想知道你到底做过什么,做得好不好。因此你不要谦虚,把最好的成绩和方面表达出来。

当谈到你目前在做的工作时你可以用现在完成进行时,表示你不但一直在这样做,而且将来也会持续下去:

ABC Engineering Inc. have employed me for the last 3 years as a salesperson. I have been creating customer contacts for 6 months.

但谈到以前的工作时用过去时:

I was employed by Jackson's Ltd. from 1995 to 1997 as a office manager.
I worked as a production supervisor at the Heitz while I was living in New York.

当谈及以前的工作成绩和表现,尽量用一些主动的,积极的,令人印象深刻的动词,比用名词或者系动词词组效果好。比如与其说My job is to assist the senior scientist with unit testing不如说I assisted the senior scientist with unit testing.与其说I was responsible for the business needs analysis不如说I analyzed the business needs.

以下是一些非常好的动词来帮助你表达你干得多好:
acted accomplished adapted administered advanced
advised allocated analyzed applied approved
arbitrated arranged assisted attained blended brought
built carried out catalogued changed classified collaborated
compared completed computed conceived conducted
constructed consulted contracted controlled cooperated
coordinated corrected counseled created dealt
decided decreased defined delegated derived
designated detected developed devised
directed discovered distributed documented
doubled edited encouraged engineered
enlarged escalated established estimated
evaluated examined expanded experienced
explored facilitated finalized formulated
founded functioned governed grouped
guided handled harmonized harnessed
headed identified implemented improved
increased indexed initiated inspected
installed instituted interpreted introduced
invented investigated justified led
localized located made managed
maintained mechanized merged moderated
motivated negotiated opened operated
organized originated overcame perceived
performed pioneered planned prepared
presented presided processed programmed
promoted provided purchased raised
recommended recorded recruited rectified
redesigned repaired replaced restored
reversed reviewed revised saved
screened selected serviced set up
solved sorted sparked specified
started stimulated strengthened summarized
supervised supported systematized tested
trained transacted transcribed transformed
tripled upgraded validated varied
verified vitalized won wrote

而这些是一些很好的形容词来形容你的工作能力和个性品德:
accurate
active
adaptable
adept
broad-minded
competent
conscientious
creative
dependable
determined
diplomatic
discreet
efficient
energetic
enterprising
enthusiastic
experienced
fair
firm
genuine
honest
innovative
logical
loyal
mature
methodical
motivated
objective
outgoing
personable
pleasant
positive
practical
productive
reliable
resourceful
self disciplined
sense of humor
sensitive
sincere
successful
tactful
trustworthy


--  作者:hjx_221
--  发布时间:4/8/2009 1:07:00 PM

--  
我们讨论了面试英文的基本要求,这次我们来谈谈面试中最常问的题目以及如何对答为妥。

问: Tell me about yourself.
答: I was born and raised in Dalian, China. I attended the University of Beijing and received my master's degree in Economics. I have worked for 5 years as a financial consultant in Beijing for various companies including Rossi Consultants, People's Insurance of China and Pepsi. I enjoy playing soccer in my free time and traveling.

答: I've just graduated from the University of Toronto with a degree in Computers Science. During the summers, I worked as a systems administrator for a small company to help pay for my education.

评语: 这个问题的目的是想大概地了解你,所以无需讲太多细节的东西。你的回答通常会帮助面试官决定下个问题问什么。除了给对方一个整体的印象,最重要的是着重讲和工作有关的经验。工作经验是大多数面试中最重要的环节,比学历更重要。

问: What type of position are you looking for?
答: I'm interested in an entry level (beginning) position.
答: I'm looking for a position in which I can utilize my experience.
答: I would like any position for which I qualify.

评语:对于一个英语非母语的申请人,许多公司期望你能从低做起,慢慢弥补语言方面的不足。就算你以前很成功有多年经验,也应当有这个心理准备。

问: Are you interested in a full-time or part-time position?
答: I am more interested in a full-time position. However, I would also consider a part-time position.

评语: 尽量留最大的余地争取机会。因为只要工作拿到了,以后的事情就容易把握,主动性大多了。

问: Can you tell me about your responsibilities at your last job?
答: I advised customers on financial matters. After I consulted the customer, I completed a customer inquiry form and catalogued the information in our database. I then collaborated with colleagues to prepare the best possible package for the client. The clients were then presented with a summarized report on their financial activities that I formulated on a quarterly basis.

评语: 提到过往工作经验时,注意越详细越好。新移民最容易犯的错误之一是讲过去经历时太过笼统。雇主是想知道你到底做什么以及你做得怎么样,你讲得越详细,他们就越能知道你是否在行。你可以换着用一些不同的词汇来形容,而且尽量不要每句话都用“I”开头。记得用过去时态。

问: What is your greatest strength?
答: I work well under pressure. When there is a deadline (a time by which the work must be finished), I can focus on the task at hand (current project) and structure my work schedule well. I remember one week when I had to get 6 new customer reports out by Friday at 5. I finished all the reports ahead of time without having to work overtime.

答: I am an excellent communicator. People trust me and come to me for advice. One afternoon, my colleague was involved with a troublesome (difficult) customer who felt he was not being served well. I made the customer a cup of coffee and invited both my colleague and the client to my desk where we solved the problem together.

答: I am a trouble shooter. When there was a problem at my last job, the manager would always ask me to solve it. Last summer, the LAN server at work crashed. The manager was desperate and called me in (requested my help) to get the LAN back online. After taking a look at the daily backup, I detected the problem and the LAN was up and running (working) within the hour.

评语: 不用谦虚,充满自信地把自己最好的方面都抖出来。记得要给一些具体的例子,举例时变化用词。

问: What is your greatest weakness?
答: I am overzealous (work too hard) and become nervous when my co-workers are not pulling their weight (doing their job). However, I am aware of this problem, and before I say anything to anyone, I ask myself why the colleague is having difficulties.

答: I tend to spend too much time making sure the customer is satisified. However, I began setting time-limits for myself If I noticed this happening.

评语: 这其实是一个很巧妙的问题,你要讲得出一个其实是优点的缺点。比如工作太认真啦,对自己对人要求很高啦,工作很追求完美啦,等等。在讲到缺点后要记得说你一直在致力于改善。

问:Why do you want to work for us?
答: After following your firms progress for the last 3 years, I am convinced that Smith and Sons are becoming one of the market leaders and I would like to be part of the team.

答: I am impressed by the qualitiy of your products. I am sure that I would be a convincing salesman because I truly believe that the Atomizer is the best product on the market today.

评语: 对这个问题你要事前做研究,通过看公司网站,其他有关信息等。越了解公司,对你越有利。

问: When can you begin?
答: Immediately.
答: As soon as you would like me to begin.

评语: 充分表示你想要工作!

以上只是一些最基本的面试问答。对于英语非母语的人来说,最重要和最难的是用英语讲述大量细节,尤其是复杂的细节。然而,雇主是很有必要知道你能否把工作范畴内的细节表达清楚,这对你是否胜任至关重要。不要太过担心语法问题。只要用词够多,内容够细,只要不影响理解,语法往往不是那么重要。

面试时招聘人员总会问你:"Do you have any questions?"以前我们讲过,面试十七大忌中其中一忌就是用"nothing"来回答这个问题。问什么问题,对你的印象分有帮助,显示你是一个用心的人。一般来说,围绕着这些话题来问比较得体:

the competitive environment in which the organization operates 公司营运所处的竞争环境
executive management styles 管理高层的风格
what obstacles the organization anticipates in meeting its goals 公司在达到其目标过程中预计会遇到什么障碍
how the organization's goals have changed over the past three to five years 公司的经营方向在过去三到五年内有什么变化

第一次面试,或者在双方未有确定的意向以前,除非是已经到了签OFFER的阶段,最好不要问待遇如何。那样显得你更关心公司能为你做什么,而不是你为公司能做什么。

具体来说,你可以问以下问题:

1. What are the main objectives and responsibilities of the position?
2. How does the company expect these objectives to be met?
3. What obstacles are commonly encountered in reaching these objectives?
4. What is the desired time frame for reaching the objectives?
5. What resources are available from the company and what must be found elsewhere to reach the objectives?

上次我们讲了在面试时可以问招聘人员的问题,主要是围绕着对该公司,该行业的认识和发展来提问。这次我们来看看哪些问题是可以探测面试官对这次面试的印象以及有没有下一步安排。

1. Have you had a chance to review my resume?
别以为这是个多余的问题,事实上,不少的面试人员事前并没有看过应聘者的简历,就匆匆忙忙开始了面谈。他们一边面试一边看你的简历。这个问题是个开场白,如果他们没有看过你的简历,通常也不会承认,可能会说:" I haven't had the chance to review it in details as I would like to."(其实就是一次也没看过。)不要为此懊丧,没看过的话,正好可以说,"well, maybe it is helpful for me to talk about the highlights of my qualifications." 就好象一个销售人员在推销产品之前,总是问“你对这个产品有什么认识/了解吗?”然后再开始自己的陈述。即使他们说已经看过你的简历,你一样可以说:"So let me talk about the highlights of my qualifitions."

2. Is there anything else I can tell you about my qualifications?
有可能的话,尽量用"qualifications"代替"experience"。前者代表了取得的成绩,更加突出了你是有才之士,相比之下后者比较中性,被动。问这个问题,有益无害,只要面试官说Yes,你就有更多的机会把最好的料子亮出来。越能让对方说Yes,你在他们眼中就越有价值,留下的印象越深。这是在首次和第二次面试中值得问的问题(假设面试总共有三次的话)。

3. I've read the job description, of course, but how would you describe the nature and duties of this job?
乍看这个问题显得明知故问,其实不然。你对这份工作有你的理解,而招聘人员也许有他自己的看法,和登出来的招聘要求并不完全一样。通过他们对这份工作的描述,至少你可以听出来什么是最重要的,什么是招聘广告里面没提到的。那么借此发挥:"I am glad to hear that maintaining customer relationship is a great part of this position. I am very customer-focused and always keep their needs in mind." 假设你在第二次面试中和另一个面试人员谈,那么可以再次问这个问题:"I've spoken to Mr. Smith about the responsibilities involved in this job. What's your take on the most important aspects of this position?"

4. What are the major chanllenges that you staff is facing right now?
这个问题有双重目的。第一个目的就是看看自己对公司面临的问题能否提出自己的意见和看法,来表面自己是一个善于解决问题的人。第二个目的就是如果这家公司真的存在着问题,你要考虑是否要加入。

5. What results would you like to see me produce?
问这个问题,显示出你的心态是"do a job",真正的干活,不是混口饭吃。不管对方说什么,你都可以接着说:"This is what you expect, this is what I will do." 可以对新的面试官重复同样的问题。

6. What do you consider ideal experience of this position?
这个问题的目的是衡量自己的资历水平和对方所说的理解人选差多少,然后尽量把距离拉近。先把已经符合的部分重申一次,然后再说不符合的部分,强调自己的经验和学习能力,可以很快把差距消除。

7. How would you describe the atmosphere, the culture of this company?
这也是个有双重目的的问题。首先就是了解公司的气氛,文化,环境是怎样的,是否合适自己发展;其次是可以表明自己很喜欢这种环境。可以说:"I really like that. I am energized by pressure situations."

8. Was the person who held this job before me promoted?
这个问题是要知道到底是不是有空缺,同时也可以了解拿到这个位子以后下一步可以晋升到什么水平。

9. May I talk to the person who held this job previously(or who is currently doing this job)?
根据上一个问题的结果,你大概已经知道,招这个职位是因为现在在做的人升了官,辞了职,还是转到其他的职位上去了。如果能够面谈当然好,如果不能够,看看对方用什么理由来拒绝你,

10. Based on what I've told you, don't you think that I could give you all that you need in this position?
就象所有的销售人员,在最后敲定之前,都会问:“根据我前面的介绍,你难道不认为这是笔好交易吗?”这个问题是为了引出一个积极的回应,绝大多数的面试人员很难在这个问题下生硬地打发你,他们很可能说Yes。

面试中总有些问题是不好回答的,招聘人员往往根据你的回答来判断你的个人品质,工作风格和可能存在的问题。

1. Why are you leaving your present job? 你为什么要辞掉现在的工作?

在自己觉得舒服的基础上诚实地回答,比如公司机构重组,不再需要你这个职位。或者你觉得现在工作不适合你自己的长远职业需要等等。

2. Describe what you feel to be an ideal working environment. 形容一下你认为最理想的工作环境。

这是看你对工作环境的要求。你可以说“最理想的工作环境是人人都得到公平的对待。”To me the ideal working environment is one in which people are treated as fairly as possible. 也可以说challenging and fun workplace.

3. How would you evaluate your present firm? 你如何看待你现在工作的企业?

如果不是因为有什么过失或矛盾而要离开现在的公司,那么最好说说现在公司好的一面。It's an excellent company that is regarded as one of the industry leaders.

4. In your current or last position, what features did you like the most? Least? Why? 在你现在或者上一份工作中,你最喜欢和最不喜欢的是什么?为什么?

对最喜欢的部分照实说,对最不喜欢的事情,由于始终是你职责的一部分,你最好用积极的方式来说明。In my last job I had to report what I do to my manager on a daily basis. I think that I am very organized and self-supervised so daily report is not the best way of using the time of both.

5. Why haven't you found a new position before now? 为什么在这之前你没找到一份新工作呢?

找工作不难,找份合适的就难多了。这里强调你是有选择地求职,旨在找到对口的位置。

6. What do you think of your boss? 你对你现在的上司怎么看?

尽量讲好的方面。一般招聘人员都不喜欢听你讲以前老板的坏话,尽管真假难以查考。

7. How do you resolve conflict on a project team? 在一个团队中你如何解决矛盾?

沟通是最重要的,要理解各方的真正要求。开始会私下进行了解。Communication is very important to resolve conflict. First I would discuss the issues privately with the team members involved then I will help to find out a way to settle based on the business needs.

8. Do you generally speak to people before they speak to you? 一般来说,在人们和你说话之前你会先和他们说话吗?

看情况了。It depends on the circumstances.

9. How would you describe your own personality? 你如何形容你的个性?

根据你所应聘的公司和职位的要求来调整你的回答。有的职位要求人听话,肯干,有的要求人有创造性,主动性。在回答以前你心中对这家公司和工作应当有一定的感觉或认识。

10. Are you a leader? 你是一个领导者吗?

当然是了。信不信由你,leadership领导才能在西方社会里是极受重视的,就算你是个生产线的装配工,有领导才能也会比没有好。所以,多多少少你也要说你有领导才能。举几个例子。

11. What career options do you have at the moment? 你目前的职业有些什么选择?

讲到职业选择,应该设法和所应聘的行业和职位相连。"I see three areas of interest..."

12. How would you describe the essence of success? According to your definition of success, how successful have you been so far? 你如何定义成功?根据你的定义,你认为到现在为止你有多成功?

仔细想想,回答时重点强调你以往取得的成绩。

13. You may be overqualified for the position we have to offer. 对我们目前招聘的职位你可能资历过高。
这里指出由于你资历高,公司对你的投资更小,回报更快。而且你会找到把工作做得更好的方法。并强调你看重长远的发展。Strong companies need strong people. A growing, energetic company is rarely unable to use its employees' talents.

14. What do you look for when you hire people? 当你雇人的时候你会看重什么?


--  作者:hjx_221
--  发布时间:4/8/2009 1:08:00 PM

--  
英语应征函秘笺

1. I will graduate from college in July of this year and I have heard that perhaps you might need an accountant. I would like to apply for the position. 我将于今年七月份从大学毕业,据悉贵公司有意招聘一名会计,我拟应征。

2. Gentlemen:Attention of personnel Manager,I am looking for a position as sales engineer.I think you can help me. 人事部经理勋鉴:本人正在谋求一份销售工程师的工作,希望您能对我有所帮助。

3. Perhaps there is position in your organization for an young,experienced and conscientious sales representative,I should like to apply for it. 请问贵公司是否需要一名年轻、有经验且有责任心的营业代表?我拟应征。

4. As it is nearing the Spring Festival,it occurs to me that you may need additional assistance in selling gifts in your shop.I think I can assist you. 春节将至,我想贵公司可能需要人帮助销售礼物,本人可以帮忙。

5. Shall you need an experienced cashier for your company in the near future?I wish to apply for the position.请问贵公司近期是否需要一名有经验的出纳员?特此修函应征。 

个人情况简介

6. I am to graduate this July from Beijing Commercial College,having completed the four-year commercial course.During my summer vacation I was employed in the accounting department of a Chemical Company.今年七月本人将从北京商学院毕业,读完四年的商科课程。在暑假期间,曾受雇于某化学公司会计部。

7. I am twenty-five years old,and have been employed for the last years by Poly Technologies.INC.Aircraft Support Division,in the general clerical work of the office. 本人今年25岁,在过去的四年中一直为保利科技有限公司航空维修部服务,担任普通文职工作。

8. I am thirty-two years of age,and have had ten years' experience in my present job,which I am leaving to better myself. 本人今年32岁在目前的工作岗位已有十年工作经验,现准备离职,谋求更大发展。

9.I am just leaving school;and twenty-one years of age.I am anxious to settle down to office work. 本人现年21岁,即将毕业,希望能尽快安定下来进入贵公司做文职工作。

10. I am twenty years old,female and have had one years' experience with a company as an executive secretary.本人今年20岁,女性,曾任某公司行政秘书一年。

11.I graduated from Tokyo Commercial University,where I have completed the four-year course.Besides,I have had two years'training in typewriting and also studied the English Language,including a year of Business English.本人毕业于东京商务大学,除完成大学四年应修课程外,还曾接受过两年的打字训练并学习过一年的商业英语。

12. I work as assistant editor on a trade journal in the food field,where my tasks included a great deal of interviewing and personal contact with members of the industry. 我曾在某贸易杂志担任食品方面的副编辑,主要工作还包括对工业界人士进行访问和与他们进行个人接触。

13. I am a good accountant and I have a good bookkeeping by double-entry. 我是一个优秀的会计员,对联单记帐十分熟练。

14. I am a graduate of Beijing Foreign Studies University.I won a scholarship and the first prize in speech contest in the University. 本人毕业于北京外国语大学,在校期间曾获得奖学金和演讲比赛冠军。  

15. I have received a good education and I have business knowledge and know the sales techniques. 本人接受过良好的教育,不但具有商业知识,而且熟悉推销技巧。

随函附寄:

16.Enclosed herewith are two copies of my diplomas and a copy of my resume for your reference.兹随函附寄毕业证书两份及简历表一份,仅供参考。

17. Enclosed you will find a copy of my resume and my photo.I believe that they may be found satisfactory. 附上我的简历表和照片,希望能令您满意。

18.You will find enclosed an outline of my education and copies of three letters of recommendation. 随函寄上本人学历的简要概况及三封推荐信。

19.Enclosed you will find a letter of recommendation from Mr.Wang, Head Professor of English Department and a copy of my transcript. 随函附上英文系系主任王先生的推荐函一封及本人成绩单一份。

20.You can see from the data sheet that is enclosed that I now have an interest in securing a satisfying position.您可以从附上的资料表中看出,本人目前有意寻求一份能令人满意的工作。


--  作者:hjx_221
--  发布时间:4/8/2009 1:16:00 PM

--  
面试英语Interview English

想找一份满意的工作吗? 面试中面对外国老板连珠炮似的提问, 有没有觉得心慌意乱、无所适从?求职过程中面试尤为重要,回答问题,如果能简明扼要,真诚中肯,合乎老外口味,那么录取机会必定大大增加。当然,有的问题,也要轻描淡写,以免言多必失。本篇摘录了若干面试中出现频率较高的问题及精彩回答,希望能在您求职路上助您一臂之力。

Q: Can you sell yourself in two minutes? Go for it. (你能在两分钟內自我推荐吗?大胆试试吧!)

A: With my qualifications and experience, I feel I am hardworking, responsible and diligent in any project I undertake. Your organization could benefit from my analytical and interpersonal skills.(依我的资格和经验,我觉得我对所从事的每一个项目都很努力、负责、勤勉。我的分析能力和与人相处的技巧,对贵单位必有价值。)

Q: Give me a summary of your current job description. (对你目前的工作,能否做个概括的说明。)

A:I have been working as a computer programmer for five years. To be specific, I do system analysis, trouble shooting and provide software support. (我干了五年的电脑程序员。具体地说,我做系统分析,解决问题以及软件供应方面的支持。)

Q:Why did you leave your last job?(你为什么离职呢?)

A:Well,I am hoping to get an offer of a better position.If opportunity knocks,I will take it.(我希望能获得一份更好的工作,如果机会来临,我会抓住.)

A:I feel I have reached the "glass ceiling" in my current job. / I feel there is no opportunity for advancement. (我觉得目前的工作,已经达到顶峰,即沒有升迁机会。)

Q:How do you rate yourself as a professional?(你如何评估自己是位专业人员呢?)

A:With my strong academic background,I am capable and competent.(凭借我良好的学术背景,我可以胜任自己的工作,而且我认为自己很有竞争力.)

A:With my teaching experience, I am confident that I can relate to students very well. (依我的教学经验,我相信能与学生相处的很好。)

Q: What contribution did you make to your current (previous) organization?(你对目前/从前的工作单位有何贡献?)

A: I have finished three new projects, and I am sure I can apply my experience to this position. (我已经完成三个新项目,我相信我能将我的经验用在这份工作上。)

Q:What do you think you are worth to us?(你怎么认为你对我们有价值呢?)

A:I feel I can make some positive contributions to your company in the future. (我觉得我对贵公司能做些积极性的贡献。)

Q:What make you think you would be a success in this position? (你如何知道你能胜任这份工作?)

A:My graduate school training combined with my internship should qualify me for this particular job. I am sure I will be successful. (我在研究所的训练,加上实习工作,使我适合这份工作。我相信我能成功。)

Q:Are you a multi-tasked individual?(你是一位可以同时承担数项工作的人吗?) or

Do you work well under stress or pressure?(你能承受工作上的压力吗?)

A:Yes, I think so.

A:The trait is needed in my current(or previous) position and I know I can handle it well. (这种特点就是我目前(先前)工作所需要的,我知道我能应付自如。)

Q:What is your strongest trait(s)?(你个性上最大的特点是什么?)

A:Helpfulness and caring.(乐于助人和关心他人。)

A:Adaptability and sense of humor.(适应能力和幽默感。)

A:Cheerfulness and friendliness.(乐观和友爱。)

Q: How would your friends or colleagues describe you?(你的朋友或同事怎样形容你?)

A: (pause a few seconds) (稍等几秒钟再答,表示慎重考虑。)

They say Mr. Chen is an honest, hardworking and responsible man who deeply cares for his family and friends. (他们说陈先生是位诚实、工作努力,负责任的人,他对家庭和朋友都很关心。)

A:They say Mr. Chen is a friendly, sensitive, caring and determined person. (他们说陈先生是位很友好、敏感、关心他人和有决心的人。)

Q:What personality traits do you admire?(你欣赏哪种性格的人?)

A: (I admire a person who is)honest, flexible and easy-going. (诚实、不死板而且容易相处的人。)

A: (I like) people who possess the "can do" spirit. (有"实际行动"的人。)

Q:What leadership qualities did you develop as an administrative personnel?(作为行政人员,你有什么样的领导才能?)

A:I feel that learning how to motivate people and to work together as a team will be the major goal of my leadership. (我觉得学习如何把人们的积极性调动起来,以及如何配合协同的团队精神,是我行政工作的主要目标。)

A:I have refined my management style by using an open-door policy. (我以开放式的政策,改进我的行政管理方式。)

Q:How do you normally handle criticism?(你通常如何处理別人的批评?)

A:Silence is golden. Just don't say anything; otherwise the situation could become worse. I do, however, accept constructive criticism. (沈默是金。不必说什么,否则情况更糟,不过我会接受建设性的批评。)

A:When we cool off, we will discuss it later. (我会等大家冷靜下来再讨论。)

Q: What do you find frustrating in a work situation?(在工作中,什么事令你不高兴?)

A: Sometimes, the narrow-minded people make me frustrated. (胸襟狭窄的人,有时使我泄气。)

A:Minds that are not receptive to new ideas. (不能接受新思想的那些取。)

Q:How do you handle your conflict with your colleagues in your work? (你如何处理与同事在工作中的意见不和?)

A:I will try to present my ideas in a more clear and civilized manner in order to get my points across. (我要以更清楚文明的方式,提出我的看法,使对方了解我的观点。)

Q:How do you handle your failure?(你怎样对待自己的失敗?)

A: None of us was born "perfect". I am sure I will be given a second chance to correct my mistake. (我们大家生来都不是十全十美的,我相信我有第二个机会改正我的错误。)

Q:What provide you with a sense of accomplishment. (什么会让你有成就感?)

A:Doing my best job for your company. (为贵公司竭力效劳。)

A:Finishing a project to the best of my ability. (尽我所能,完成一个项目。)

Q:If you had a lot of money to donate, where would you donate it to?Why?(假如你有很多钱可以捐赠,你会捐给什么单位?为什么?)

A:I would donate it to the medical research because I want to do something to help others. (我会捐给医药研究,因为我要为他人做点事。)

A:I prefer to donate it to educational institutions. (我乐意捐给教育机构。)

Q:What is most important in your life right now?(眼下你生活中最重要的是什么?)

A:To get a job in my field is most important to me. (对我来说,能在这个领域找到工作是最重要的。)

A:To secure employment hopefully with your company. (希望能在贵公司任职对我来说最重要。)

Q:What current issues concern you the most?(目前什么事是你最关心的?)

A:The general state of our economy and the impact of China' entry to WTO on our industry. (目前中国经济的总体情況以及中国入世对我们行业的影响。)

Q: How long would you like to stay with this company?(你会在本公司服务多久呢?)

A: I will stay as long as I can continue to learn and to grow in my field. (只要我能在我的行业力继续学习和长进,我就会留在这里。)

Q:Could you project what you would like to be doing five years from now?(你能预料五年后你会做什么吗?)

A:As I have some administrative experience in my last job, I may use my organizational and planning skills in the future.
(我在上一个工作中积累了一些行政经验,我将来也许要运用我组织和计划上的经验和技巧。)

A:I hope to demonstrate my ability and talents in my field adequately. (我希望能充分展示我在这个行业的能力和智慧。)

A:Perhaps, an opportunity at a management position would be exciting.(也许有机会,我将会从事管理工作。)


--  作者:hjx_221
--  发布时间:4/8/2009 1:17:00 PM

--  
如果不愿正面回答,也可以说:
It would be premature for me to predict this. (现在对此问题的预测,尚嫌过早。)

甚至还可以打趣的说:

Hypothetically speaking, I might be able to do your current job as a director.(或 CEO 或 president)((说不定,我也能做你现在主任的工作呢!)

Q: What range of pay-scale are you interested in?(你喜欢那一种薪水层次标准?)

A: Money is important, but the responsibility that goes along with this job is what interests me the most. (薪水固然重要,但这工作伴随而来的责任更吸引我。)

A: 假如你有家眷,可以说:

To be frank and open with you, I like this job, but I have a family to support. (坦白地说,我喜欢这份工作,不过我必须要负担我的家庭。)

Other Tips (其它建议)
Know something about the organization you are applying to.
(了解一些你申请工作单位的情况)

Dress properly. Don't shake hand with the interviewer until he/she extends his/her hand.
(穿着要得体,人家伸手时才握手。)

Don't sit down until invited to do so by the interviewer. (人家未请,先別坐下。)

Make eye-contact with the interviewer during the interview. (面试时,眼睛要看着对方。)

Listen actively and stay calm. (注意听,保持冷静。)

If invited to a meal, be especially careful about your table manners. (被邀吃饭时,要特別注意餐桌礼节。)

Don't talk with your mouth full. (嘴里有食物,不可开口说话)

Don't make much noise while you eat. (吃东西不要出声音)

Don't blow your nose or use the toothpick at table. (不要拧鼻涕或用牙签剔牙)

Don't appear to be pushy or overly anxious to get a job.(不必过分表现急着要工作)

Be honest but not too modest.(要诚实,但不必太谦虚)

Don't put yourself down or cut yourself up. (不可妄自菲薄或自贬)

Try to avoid discussing politics or religion with your interviewer. (避免与面试人谈政治或宗教)


--  作者:hjx_221
--  发布时间:4/8/2009 1:17:00 PM

--  
关于薪水About Salary

面试时谈薪水待遇是很重要的,关系到你的切身利益。转贴下面的一些面试中有用的句子,和大家分享。

1. The salary I should require would be HK$6,500 per month as a start.

待遇方面,本人希望月薪六千五百元起薪。

2. I should require a salary of 4,500 a month to begin with.
本人希望,月薪由四千五百元起薪。

3. The salary I should require would be 60,000 a year, plus 1% commission on all sales.
关于薪金,要求年薪六万元,同时希望获得售价1%的分红。

4. The salary at which I should desire to commence is 10,000 dollars.
本人希望起薪10,000元。

5. The salary required is 12,000 per month, living in the house.

希望待遇月薪一万二千元,另供应宿舍。

6. I should require a commencing salary of 9,600 dollars a month.

本人希望,月薪九千六百元起薪。

7. I am quite willing to start with a small salary.
起薪多少,本人并不计较。

8. As regards salary, I leave it to you to decide after experience of my capacity.
关于薪金,请考验本人的能力再作定夺。

9. However, the matter of remuneration will take care of itself, as it always does, if other things are all right.
不过,如其他条件具备,待遇问题,自会解决。

10. I am willing to serve on trial for some months at a small salary.
开始试用,本人愿以低微的薪金工作数月。


--  作者:hjx_221
--  发布时间:4/8/2009 1:19:00 PM

--  
求职面试的技巧 Tricks in Job Hunting Interview
Here are good answers to some of the tougher questions asked in job interviews. If you can smoothly supply answers like these during the interview, you are bound to make a good impression.
1. What is important to you in a job?
Mention specific rewards other than a paycheck for example, challenge, the feeling of accomplishment, and knowing that you have made a contribution.
2. Why do you want to work for this organization?
Cite its reputation, the opportunities it offers, and the working conditions. Stress that you want to work for this organization, not just any organization.
3. Why should we employ you?
Point to your academic preparation, job skills, and enthusiasm about working for the firm. Mention your performance in school or previous employment as evidence of your ability to learn and to become productive quickly. If the job involves management responsibilities, refer to past activities as proof of your ability to get along with others and to work as part of a team.
4. If we hire you, how long will you stay with us?
Answer by saying along these lines: "As long as my position here allows me to learn and to advance at a pace with my abilities."
5. Can we offer you a career path?
Reply: "I believe you could, once I know the normal progression within the organization. Can you tell me about it?" The answer may be revealing.
6. What are your greatest strengths?
Give a response like one of the following: "I can see what needs to be done and do it", "I'm wiling to make decisions", "I work well with others," "I can organize my time efficiently."
7. What are you greatest weakness?
Identify one or two, such as the following:" I tend to drive myself too hard", " I expect others to perform beyond their capacities", " I like to see a job done quickly, and I'm critical if it isn't." Note these weaknesses could also be regarded as desirable qualities. The trick with this question is to describe a weakness so that it could also be considered a virtue.
8. What didn't you like about previous jobs you've held?
Discuss the things you didn't like, but avoid making slighting reference to any of your former employers.
9. How do you spend your leisure time?
Mention a cross section of interests-active and quiet, social and solitary -- rather just one.
10. Are there any weaknesses in your education or experience?
Take stock of your weaknesses before the interview. Practice discussing them in a positive light. You'll find that they are minor when discussed along with all the positive things you have to offer.
11. Where do you want to be five years from now?
Saying that you'd like to be president is unrealistic, yet few employers want people who are content to sit still. You might say, "in five years, I'd like to have my boss's job. " If you can't qualify for your boss's job by then, you may not be the fright candidate.
12. What are your salary expectations?
If you are asked this at the outset, it's best to say, "Why don't we discuss salary after you decide whether I'm right for the job? "But if the interviewer asks this after showing real interest in you, speak up. She or he will probably try to meet your price. If you need a clue about what to ask for, say, " Can you discuss your salary range with me?"
13. What would you do if....?
This question is designed to test your reposes. For example: "What would you do if your computer broke down during an audit?" Your answer there isn't nearly so important as your approach to the problem. And a calm approach is best. Start by saying, "One thing I might do is ..." Then give several alternative choices.
14. What type of position are you interested in?
Job titles and responsibilities vary from firm to firm . So state your skills instead, such as "I'm good at figure work," and the positions that require these skills , such as "accounts payable."
15. Tell me something about yourself.
Say you'll be happy to talk about yourself, and ask what the interviewer wants to know. If this point is clarified, respond. If not, tell why you feel your skills will contribute to the job and the organization. This question gives you a great opportunity to sell yourself.
16. Do you have any questions about the organization or the job? Employers like a candidate who is interested in the organization. so this is a perfect time to convey your interest and enthusiasm.

--  作者:hjx_221
--  发布时间:4/8/2009 1:21:00 PM

--  
求职信常用语句 Useful wording in application letters

1. 说明写应征函的起因 Beginnings
2. 自荐函用语:起头 Beginnings for Unsolicited Letters of Application
3. 自我介绍:叙述个人年龄、经验 Introducing Oneself: About Age and Experience
4. 叙述个人的能力 About Personal Ability
5. 随函附寄物(附件) About Enclosure
6. 关于薪金待遇 About Salary
7. 说明离职原因 Reasons for leaving
8. 结尾:请求面谈及客套语 Ending: Request for Interview

1. 说明写应征函的起因 Beginnings
1. In reply to your advertisement in today's (newspaper), I respectfully offer my services for the situtation.
拜读今日XX报上贵公司广告,本人特此备函应征该职位。

2. Replying to your advertisement in today's issue of the (newspaper), I wish to apply for the position in your esteemed firm.
拜读贵公司在今日(报章)上广告,特此备函应征贵公司该职位。

3. With reference to your advertisement in (newspaper ) of May 2 for a clerk, I oofer myself for the post.
从五月二日XX报上广告栏得知公司招聘一位职员。

4. Please consider me an applicant for the position which you advertised in (newspaper) of December 5.
十二月五日贵公司在XX报上广告招聘人才,我愿应征,并请给予考虑。

5. In reply to your advertisement in today's (newspaper) for an account, I tender my services.
拜读今日XX报上贵公司的招才广告,本人特此应招会计一职。

6. I should like to apply for the position mentioned in your advertisement in (newspaper) of July 22.
贵公司七月二十二日在XX报刊登招聘的职位,特此备函应招。

7. I wihs to apply for the position advertised in the enclosed clipping from the (newspaper) of November 12.
谨随函附上十一月十二日XX报贵公司招聘广告,我愿应招此一职位。

8. Having noticed the enclosed advertisement in this morning's newspaper, I wish to apply for the position referred to.
拜读今日XX报广告得知贵公司正在招聘人才,本人附寄剪报申请此一职位。

9. In answer to your advertisement in today's newspaper fro a secretary, I wihs to tender my services.
阁下在今日XX报上刊登招聘秘书广告,本人获悉,特此应招。

10. Learning from mr. S.P. Chen that you are looking for a sales manager, I should like to apply for the position.
从陈少朋友先生处得悉,贵公司正在招聘一名业务经理,我愿应招此职。

11. Your advertisement for a telephone operator in the newspaper of March 8 has interested me, I feel I can fill that position.
贵公司三月八日在XX报上刊登招聘电话接线员广告,本人拜读极感兴趣,相信能担任此职。

12. I would like to apply for the post of male engineer as advertised in today's newspaper.
今日XX报上所刊登招聘男性工程人员,本人愿意应征此职。

13. On looking over today's newspaper my attention was attracted by your advertisement for a librarian. Now as I am desirous of obtaining such a position, I should like to apply for the same.
拜读贵公司在本日XX报上所刊登的招聘广告,得悉贵公司招聘一位图书馆员。现在本人正寻找这一类职位,特此修函应征。

14. Referring to your advertisement in the newspaper of June 30 for an assistant chemist, I hope to offer my services.
贵公司六月三十日在XX报上刊登招聘助理药剂师,本人特此备函应征。

2. 自荐函用语:起头 Beginnings for Unsolicited Letters of Application
1. Shall you need an experienced desk clerk for your hotel next summer?
贵酒店明年暑期是否需要一名有经验的柜台部职员?

2. Because I am very desirous of receiving actual experience in accounting during July and August, I am writing to inquire whether you will need the services of a young man with three years of educational training and some part-time experience. Perhaps I could fill in for one of your office staff during the vacation period.
因我渴望在七、八月间获得会计实务经验,特备函问询你处是否需雇用受过三年训练略有经验的年轻人?在假期中我或可添补贵公司空缺。

3. Gentlemen: Attention of Personnel Manager I am looking for a postion asassistant shipping clerk.
人事部经理勋鉴:本人正在谋求一份助理船务职员的工作。

4. Perhaps there is a position in your organization for an young, experienced, and conscientious secretary stenographer.
请问贵公司是否需要一名年青、有经验、负责的女秘书兼速记员?

5. I want a job. Not any job with any company, but a particular job with your company. Here are my reasons. Your organization is more than just a business house. It is an institution in the minds of the local public. It has a reputation for fair play and honesty with both employees and customers alike. For the past four years, while specializing in accounting at college, I have had a secret ambition to work for your organization in the accounting department. I graduate in June. As I write this letter, I do not know that there is an opening at persent, but here are my qualifications which prompt me to make application now.
本人需要一份工作,不是任何公司的任何工作,而是贵公司的一个职位。贵公司不只是商店,而是大众都知晓的机构。以公正、证实的美誉远近驰名。在大学主修会计四年来,内心早就想到贵公司会计部工作,今年七月即将毕业。写此信时,不知贵公司目前是否有空缺,但是下列的资历促使本人冒昧提出申请。

6. As it is nearing the Christmas season, it occurs to me that you many need additional assistance in selling gifts in your shop. I have a whole week before Christmas, from December 18-24, when I might assist you. I could aslo work evenings from six o'clock on, before December 18.
圣诞节将届,想到贵公司可能需要销售礼物的助理,本人在圣诞节前一周(十二月十八日至二十四日)有空,可以帮忙。十八日以前每晚六时后也可以。


--  作者:hjx_221
--  发布时间:4/8/2009 1:21:00 PM

--  
7. Gentlemen: Attention of Personnel Manager Like many other young men, I am looking for a position. I want to get stated, at the bottom, perhaps, but started.
人事部主任:本人和很多年青人一样正在寻找工作。本人想要有个开头,从基层做起。

3. 自我介绍:叙述个人年龄、经验 Introducing Oneself: About Age and Experience
1. I have been for over five years in the employ of an exporting company.
本人曾经前后五年被受雇于出口贸易公司。

2. I have been in the business for the last ten years, and worked as the superintendent in the personnel department.
本人在过去十年在商界担任人事部主任迄今。

3. I have had five years' experience with a company as a salesman.
本人曾在某一公司担任推销员,前后有五年之久。

4. For the past three years, I have been in the office of the Brothers Trading Co., where I have been ad still am an accountant.
本人曾经在兄弟贸易公司服务三年,担任会计工作,现仍在职中。

5. I am twenty years of age, and have been employed for the last two years by the Green Trees Co., in teh general clerical work of the office.
我今年20岁,曾于绿林公司服务两年,担任一般文员工作。

6. I am 25 years of age, and have had two years' experience in my present post, which I am leaving to better myself.
我今年25岁,已在目前的职位工作两年,兹为寻找更上一层楼,准备离开此职位。

7. I am nineteen years of age, female and have had two years' experience in a company's delivery office.
我今年19岁,女性。曾在某家公司担任收发工作两年。

8. I am just leaving school, and am eighteen years of age.
本人18岁,不久即可毕业。

9. I am twenty years of age, and am anxious to settle down to office work.
本人20岁,希望能找到一个公司,以便安定下来。

10. Since my graduation from the school two years ago, I ahve been employed in teh Green Hotel as a cashier.
两年前,自从离校后,在格兰酒店担任出纳员。


4. 叙述个人的能力 About Personal Ability
1. I am a good accountant and have a thorough knowledge of the English language.
我是一个优秀的会计员,同时深信对英文颇为熟练。

2. For the past five years, I have been engaged as a correspondence clerk.
在过去三年,本人一直担任对外书信主稿。

3. I am able to take dictation in English and trancribe them rapidly into Chinese.
我会英文的口授笔记,同时能立即将其改写成中文。

4. For the past three years, I have served as a private secretary to Mr. T. Tang whom you know well, and whose public works have been heralded all over Hong Kong.
在过去三年,本人一直担任唐悌先生的秘书。对于唐悌先生,阁下必定知悉,同时唐先生的事业早已为市民所熟知。

5. Being well acquainted with office works, I could make myself generally useful, should there be any opportunity of your requiring my services.
本人对公司一般业务非常熟悉。如有机会为贵公司服务,本人相信,对一般事务必能胜任愉快。

6. I have received an English education, and have a slight knowledge of Spanish. I took a Spanish course in college.
本人接受英文教育,同时略通西班牙文。大学时,我选修了一门西班牙文。

7. I have been at the City Commerical College, where I have acquired a knowledge of English, mathematics and elementary business practice.
本人曾在城市商专学英文、数学以及初级商业实务。

8. I have just left school, but have a good knowledge of English.
本人虽刚离开校门,但对英文颇有基础。

9. I can write shorthand at the rate of 120 words per minute, and typewriting at 55 words English.
本人能速记,每分钟速度为120字,英文打字则每分钟55字。

10. I have received a good education, and know English, Spanish and shorthand.
我曾接受良好的教育,熟悉英语、西班牙语以及速记。 

11. I have a fair knowledge of shorthand, and can write ninety words per minute.
本人熟悉速记,每分钟速度90字。

12. At school I won a schoarship and the first prize in speech contest.
求学中,我曾获得奖学金及演讲比赛冠军。

13. I am a graduate of Hong Kong University, and have in addition the M. A. degree from UCLA.
本人毕业于香港大学,并在加州大学获得文学硕士学位。

14. I am just over twenty-four years ofage and have left school about two months ago, during which time I have been striving to make myself proficient in shorthand, and typewriting, and have attained a speed of ninety and sixty words a minute respectively.
本人刚满24岁,两个月前离开校门,求学期间努力于速记与打字,现在速记及打字各为每分钟90字与60字。

15. Since leaving school, I have attended the Typewriting and Shorthand classes, and hve now attained a speed of fifty and ninety words respectvely.
离开学校后,我参加速记与打字班,而今已达到打字50字,速记90字的速度。

16. I am at present a trainee in the Liner Shipping Company.
我现在大丸船运公司服务,任见习员。

17. I am a graduate of Yu Da Commercial School, and hve recently completed the business course at the T. Unviersity of Commerce.
本人毕业于玉达商校,日前即修完T大商业科。

18. My education is as follows: A full, three year commercial course in the U-D High School. From this school I graducated with honour in June, 1975.
我的学历如下:育达高中毕业,修完三年课程,商科,1975年6月从这个学校的商科毕业,成绩优等。

19. I have a good knowledge of bookkeeping by double-entry.
本人对联单记帐十分熟练。

20. For all the time I was in their employ, I had the sole charge of their correspondence.
在该公司服务时,本人负责全部对外通信。

5. 随函附寄物(附件) About Enclosure
1. You will find enclosed an outline of my education and business training and copies of two letters of recommendation.
有关本人的学历,工作经验等项的概要,谨同函呈上两件推荐函,请察核。

2. Enclosed please find a resume and a photo.
随函寄上简历表及相片各一份。

3. I attach schedule of my qualification and experience.
随信附上我的履历表。

4. I am enclosing my curriculum vitae together with my photograph.
随函附上履历表及近照。

5. A copy of my transcript is enclosed.
附寄成绩单一份。

6. Enclosed you will find a letter of recommendation from my former teacher of English.
随函附上我英文老师的推荐函。

7. You can see from the data sheet that is enclosed that.
你可以从附上的资料表上看出……

8. I enclose a resume and one of my publications.
随函寄上简历表及作品。

6. 关于薪金待遇 About Salary
1. The salary I should require would be HK$6,500 per month as a start.
待遇方面,本人希望月薪六千五百元起薪。


--  作者:hjx_221
--  发布时间:4/8/2009 1:22:00 PM

--  
2. I should require a salary of 4,500 a month to begin with.
本人希望,月薪由四千五百元起薪。

3. The salary I should require would be 60,000 a year, plus 1% commission on all sales.
关于薪金,要求年薪六万元,同时希望获得售价1%的分红。

4. The salary at which I should desire to commence is 10,000 dollars.
本人希望起薪10,000元。

5. The salary required is 12,000 per month, living in the house.
希望待遇月薪一万二千元,另供应宿舍。

6. I should require a commencing salary of 9,600 dollars a month.
本人希望,月薪九千六百元起薪。

7. I am quite willing to start with a small salary.
起薪多少,本人并不计较。

8. As regards salary, I leave it to you to decide after experience of my capacity.
关于薪金,请考验本人的能力再作定夺。

9. However, the matter of remuneration will take care of itself, as it always does, if other things are all right.
不过,如其他条件具备,待遇问题,自会解决。

10. I am willing to serve on trial for some months at a small salary.
开始试用,本人愿以低微的薪金工作数月。

7. 说明离职原因 Reasons for leaving
1. My reason for leaving my present employment is that I am desirous of getting broader experience in trading.
本人离职的理由:希望在贸易方面,能获得更广泛的经验。

2. my reason for leaving the company is that I wish to get into the advertising business.
本人去职原因,是希望在广告业方面发展。

3. I am leaving our office to be with my mother and care for my aged mother in a distant city.
我为照顾住在远地的年老母亲,而申请辞职。

4. My reason for leaving my present emplyment is simple because I see no chance of advancement.
本人离职的理由是这样:本人深知无升迁的机会。

5. I am desirous of leaving the office in order to gain more experience in an exporter's office.
本人希望在出口公司能获得更多的经验,故愿转职。

6. I am desirous of leaving the employment in order to improve my position and have more responsiblility.
由于希望获得更高的职位负更多的责任,而离开现职。

7. I left them a fortnight ago, owing to a disagreement with the president Mr. Lau.
由于本人与董事长刘先生意见不合,两星期前去职。

8. I left the position with the sesire of improving my position.
我为了找更高之职位,而请求去职。

9. I left the office on acount of the discontinuance of the business.
由于所服务的公司解散,只好去职。

10. I left the company because I found a full-time job after graduation.
毕业后因找到工作辞去兼职。

11. The only reason why I am leaving the present position is I want an object to better myself.
本人所准备离开目前的工作岗位,唯一理由是为谋求更高的职位。

12. Unfortunately I have had to leave my position, as my employers ave been forced to lequidate their business due to the worldwide economic adversity.
很不幸地,本人不得不离职,因这一次世界性的经济不景气,使我的雇主不得不结束业务。

8. 结尾:请求面谈及客套语 Ending: Request for Interview
1. I should be glad to have a personal interview and can furnish references if desired.
如获面试,则感幸甚,如需保证人,本人也可提出。

2. I solicit the favor of an interview, and assure you that if appointed, I will do my best to give you satisfaction.
恳请惠予面试之荣。如蒙录用,本人必竭尽所能,为贵公司服务,以符厚望。

3. If you desire and interview, I shall be most happy to call in person, on any day and at any time you may appoint.
如贵公司有意面试,本人一定遵照所指定的时日、前往拜访。

4. Should you think favorably of my application, kindly grant me an interview.
如对本人之应征优先考虑,恳请准予面试。

5. Should you think favorably of my application, I would like to have an interview.
如对本人之应征优先考虑,恳请惠予面试之机会。

6. I hope that you will be kind enough to consider my application favorably.
恳请惠予考虑本人之申请为盼。

7. I trust that you will give this application your favorable consideration.
本人相信,贵公司会将本人的申请给予考虑。

8. Should you give me a trial, I will do my utmost to afford you every satisfaction.
如有试用的机会,本人必尽力而为,以满足贵公司的要求。

9. Should this application meet with your favorable consideration, I will do my utmost to justify the confidence you may repose in me.
对此申请,贵公司如惠予考虑,本人将尽最大的忠诚与努力。

10. I assure you that if my application be successful, I will do my very best to please you.
假如应征成功,而能在贵公司服务,本人保证将尽所能为贵服务。

11. Should you entertain my application favorably, I would spare no trouble to acquit myself to your satisfaction.
假如应征获得青睐而进入贵公司服务,本人必以排除万难之决心,为贵公司工作,以符厚望。

12. I wish to assure you that, if successful, I would endeavor to give you every satisfaction.
如蒙不弃,惠予录用,本人将尽力服务,使诸事满意。


W 3 C h i n a ( since 2003 ) 旗 下 站 点
苏ICP备05006046号《全国人大常委会关于维护互联网安全的决定》《计算机信息网络国际联网安全保护管理办法》
271.484ms